Left Foot, Right Foot, Repeat . . .

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weekend Stroll

So the snow has finally melted, again . . . and the triple wide can safely travel down sidewalks. Our favorite lake path is flooded, so we we chugged down to the greenbelt and covered some new territory on Sunday - 2 hours worth.

The fun part, you know, besides arguing with the twins for an hour and a half about the parks being too muddy to play in as you're plugging along huffing and puffing? Being about a half block from the park you know won't be too muddy and realizing you reallllllly have to go to the bathroom . .. and are about a half mile from home, which is uphill, and in the middle of suburbia. Commence pushing said 120 lbs of stroller as fast as humanly possible up what feels like Mount Everest toward home with devastated kids screaming about the park . . . while trying not to shit yourself.

Good news is we made it home in time. And then ventured back out to the park.

It was a great workout with lots of hills and I think the kids enjoyed the fresh air, too. I feel a lot better and less tired, though my appetite is through the roof. Whatever, my weight is stable, I'm strong and can manage not to poop myself in public. I consider that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment