Left Foot, Right Foot, Repeat . . .

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Week 1

Miles Today: 3
Total/Week: 3/12

Today starts my training schedule. Actually it was yesterday, but that was a Rest Day, so at least I've been successful so far . .. Rest? CHECK!

To say I'm a bit nervous about embarking on this 24 week journey is an understatement. We've had massive snowfalls this year, it's December in Iowa, and I'm a single parent of 3 kids under 3 . . . and have 468 miles ahead of me.

Is it fair to put this kind of pressure on myself? We will see. I did my first half marathon this year on my birthday and it was the most amazing experience imaginable, and what I gained through the training was amazing. But that was summertime. Now, it's WINTER.

Our next challenge is traveling for New Years. I have 2 runs scheduled for when we're in KC @ my Sisters. . . I'll still have to go jog, just in a new territory. I hope Dad and Sis or either or join me.

One week at a time, right? We've got 12 miles scheduled for this week. Let's do this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment