Left Foot, Right Foot, Repeat . . .

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 5, Day 1

Miles: 6 (0)
Miles/Week: (6)/14
Conditions: Blizzard outside, 67 in the basement

Sunday did not include the 6 miles I had hoped, instead, it included a fair amount of wine and wonderful company. So . . . . on my Rest Day yesterday, Monday, I plugged out the 6.

My foot held up well, though I didn't try jogging at all on it yet. I varied my speed between 3.5 & 4 on the treadmill - I know, totally sissy, but the miles are done and that's what's important. I'm getting little twinges of pain in my foot today, but nothing what it was like last week.

This week is my last *short* week at 14 miles: 3, 3, 4, 4.

As of today I've put in a total of 50 miles in the 4 weeks I've been training. Although I've been feeling behind and like I'm always letting myself down with this training, I'm actually only 4 miles shy of the schedule which is 92.6%, so really that's not that bad. I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment